Thread: Wheel bearings
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2014, 12:09 PM   #10
CoBeerToad

Garage
I was too scared / lazy / didn't feel like buying more tools to do it myself. That was the original plan, but after only driving it about 2-3 weeks this summer due to other repairs, I'm kinda done with fixing stuff this year.

I can't vouch for the wrench yet as they just started working on it today. It's Wolski's in Highland. Seems like a good shop, but like I said, I'll know more in a week.

I pretty much bought the suspension package that Pelican advertises. (Although I didn't purchase it from Pelican as they were out of a couple items with no idea on when they would have them in stock). In addition I bought the wheel bearings, which I don't know what I'm going to do with now and I bought new struts (wow are those expensive). It ran me just under $3k for everything.

Replacing everything might have been overkill, but as I thought about replacing one thing on one side, I figured I should replace the other side too and then while I'm in there I might as well replace this and that and pretty soon it turned into everything.

This is the link to Pelican's suspension kit.
OK. The stupid link didn't work, but it's easy to find. Just type suspension kit in Pelican's search box.

I am super pumped to drive this car with all new suspension. It had made the stupid banging noise every time I hit the bump by my house since I owned it and I can't wait to see how this car really is supposed to drive.
CoBeerToad is offline   Reply With Quote