View Single Post
Old 09-17-2014, 04:35 PM   #1
Ressler

Car won't start after heavy rain

Before I get bashed, I have researched threads! Haha. Anyways, last week we got some severe rain in southern VA, I'm from the Bay Area so the cars always been garaged and never really saw rain, at least not heavy. My cars been sitting on ramps outside while I troubleshoot it's shifting problem and I went to start it the other day, it cranks but won't turn over. I opened the frunk and found an inch or two of water, took a shop vac to it, and then removed the rain tray area and discovered water sitting only in the battery tray. All of the plugs are clog-free as well. So I've let everything dry out and still no luck. Any thoughts on this? By the way, the interior did not get wet (or the module under the seat) and all of my electronics work perfect.

Shifting problem: tried to put car into gear and it popped out of the linkage/bushing? Put it back together and the car won't shift with the motor on, but will when it's off. Guessing a clutch/IMS is in order? But hoping not at this moment.

If anybody knows somebody with knowledge in the Southern VA, Northern NC area let me know! I'm located near Lake Gaston

Thank you! -Matt