View Single Post
Old 03-29-2006, 08:32 PM   #14
boostiality

"Can someone please tell me why you would put an American engine a PORSCHE? The 914 with the Volkswagen engine was one thing,it was not 100% true Porsche. Putting a v8 in a Boxster isn't what Porsche is about. Porsche has used smaller engines and created amazing out put out of them,they are the whores of engines. Why would you want to mess with that? Keep it in the family,put a 3.4 in there. If you put in the American engine you would also as well lose the Porsche whine,there is no substitute."

See thats the thing, I dont posses this brand loyalty thing at all..One thing to consider is that yes they are smaller displacement but I'm willing to bet the LS1 might almost weigh just the same, is way cheaper to mod and helluva alot more responsive and not to mention more reliable. I just dont see any advantages other then keeping the "purists" happy by swapping another p-motor in there that cost more in basically everything, isnt as responsive, etc etc. I'll let the purists have the whine, I like being dirty

"if joe dirt wants a LS1 or a 350 in his boxster, let him. who are you to tell him what he should park in front of his trailer home. .......i think i just used my first warning."

I'll tell you this, when I get it done I'll drive around in a mullet just to show ppl that you can redneck anything including a porsche even if you are asian
boostiality is offline   Reply With Quote