View Single Post
Old 09-01-2014, 12:45 PM   #18
nefarious986

I just got my Deka last week in the mail and opened it up today to install. It was 21# out of the box vs my SuperStart Kragen battery at 35#. So a 14# difference is nice though I was a bit disappointed because I expected (1) my older battery to be heavier and (2) the Deka to be a few lbs lighter for a bigger impact.

Still 14# isn't bad so I went to do the install. Popped the hood and realized that not only the footprint of the battery is different ( requiring a custom mount .. I knew this going in and was prepared to have to do some work ) but also the posts to connect to the cables are different.

So for me personally, the Deka is too much hassle for the weight savings. Plus the fact that if I get a new battery from Kragen again, there's a warranty on it that might come in handy. I'll be returning the Deka. Just thought I should update my findings here.

Update: Hmm .. looks like I might not be able to return this to Amazon since they classify it as "hazardous material". Trying to go through their red tapes now. Any advice on how to change / modify the post to work with my car if I'm not able to return ?

Last edited by nefarious986; 09-01-2014 at 12:52 PM.
nefarious986 is offline   Reply With Quote