Thread: hardtop
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2014, 10:19 AM   #3
KevinH1990

A barrier that many people face is that most sellers are reluctant to ship a hard top. Here's a thread with information on proper shipping technique. http://986forum.com/forums/general-discussions/11880-hardtop-dimensions-transportation-ideas.html

I traveled 300 miles to pick mine up, so you may want to determine the distance you are willing to travel and then plot out a search strategy including the Porsche forums, auction sites and CL.

One technique that I used successfully when I had a Miata was to ask people selling cars with hard tops whether they were willing to sell the top separately. That allowed them to lower their asking price.

Also, you say that you already have the mounting points. You may want to verify that since most cars don't come with the spinlock receivers already installed. There is a hole for the spinlocks on all cars, but you need to buy the kit. Just search on spinlock and you will see numerous discussions.

Good luck with your search.
Painted Bumperettes, 2004 (OEM) Top, Homelink integrated in dash with Targa switch, 997 Shifter, Carrera Gauge Cluster with silver gauge faces, heated 12-way driver & 8-way passenger seats, Litronics, silver console
KevinH1990 is offline   Reply With Quote