Thread: dead battery
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2014, 06:41 PM   #4
rdass623

cable completed. alligator clips and a cigarette lighter accessory plug soldered to a piece of lamp wire to connect the new battery to the cigarette lighter. a bit skeptical because my Toyota's lighter shuts off after the ignition is turned off, but not so on a 2000 boxy. left the battery hooked up for 2 hrs. went outside to check on it, pressed the remote and wahoo the door unlocked. immediately I popped the frunk release, yes! it worked. new battery installed!!!!

just a word of caution; yesterday, my battery was fine. there were no problems cranking or anything which would indicate imminent failure. the only thing which was a potential sign was when the radiator fans would come on the headlights would dim momentarily, which was a condition which occurred since I purchased the car in march.

I think I will be making a slave cable set up so in the event of a future failure, I will have access to a higher amperage route to the battery to decrease charging time.
rdass623 is offline   Reply With Quote