View Single Post
Old 08-28-2014, 08:06 PM   #1
Jim Rockford

What other cars did you consider before settling on 986 purchase?

Interested in seeing what everyone else was looking at?
Here's my list:

- E36 M3 (old car now but if I could find one low mileage at the right price I would strongly consider). It's got the box part in common with Boxster that's for sure. But BMW makes square look good somehow.

- E46 M3 (solid car but found it impossible to find one with low mileage despite it being newer than the E36. Not sure why but these things seem to all have high usage owners. And hopefully not offending anyone, but 99% of the owners of these look like total douches, so that was on the con list of ownership)

- First gen BMW M Coupe. Sensationally awkward, I love it for it's rarity and personally cannot get enough of the look of this car. Unfortunately in Canada the buying pool is almost non existent, and if you do find one it's going at a considerable premium to the M Roadster. It's nickname is the Clownshoe, and the main owner's meet is called Dorkfest. I dig everything about this car.

- 993 911. Appreciating like crazy, this was just not a reasonable value proposition. Might as well just buy a 981 with a few miles on it for the same price.
Jim Rockford is offline   Reply With Quote