View Single Post
Old 08-27-2014, 09:49 AM   #20
cmacduff

Garage
Some good feedback from all. I like Tom have had my engine rebuilt recently after say 30+ track days and 8 or so AX's. I read all these posts and talk to as many knowledgeable people about the 986 oiling issues as I can. The inevitable thing I have realized is that we all are using a "street motor" for performance driving. It's not a question of if, it's when. The consensus seems to be that once a dry sump system is created it will solve these issues. Until then everyone has differing opinions of what works and doesn't. I just know if I use my car for track use more than less I'm that much closer to spending 10-12K on a rebuild. Nothing we all are doing is cheap.

Topless has some great insight on how to preserve your motor and get the most out of it. I try to now employ some of his tactics as I believe he has over 300 track hours on a 2.5. Hard to argue with that. His basic premise is go easier where you can. A lot of times down gearing seems faster but may not be. Keep you RPM's in G force situations down where oil will move due to lateral forces.
cmacduff is offline   Reply With Quote