View Single Post
Old 08-27-2014, 05:41 AM   #19
BruceH

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by recycledsixtie View Post
Thanks everybody for your help. I put an ad in the internet yesterday and the prospective buyer came over in the evening and we shook hands on the deal. He is supposed to be paying for it today.

My approach was honesty and I showed him the latest diagnosis. I got close to my asking price. I believe in being honest and selling the car as is. I did not want to misrepresent or deceive the buyer.I do not want a brick thrown through my window at 3 in the morning.

I certainly agree that an indy trying to get me to go for a new ims, rms etc would not necessarily solve the problem. As mentioned above it could need chain guide replacement but I was not willing to put any more $$$ into an old car.

This has been a fun car over the past 3 years and I would not have missed the experience. However it is time to move on, winter is coming and we need an suv.
I thank you all for your help and advice over the past three years. You guys are great!
Guy.
In the end, the buyer and the seller have to be happy, glad it worked out. Good luck with the SUV and winter (I sure don't miss winter, I am originally from Wisconsin) Take care
iPad Mini Dash Install
DEPO Tail Lights
BruceH is offline   Reply With Quote