View Single Post
Old 08-25-2014, 01:53 PM   #19
flaps10

I laughed the first time someone told me to use toothpaste on headlights, since a friend and just shown me how to use his three step 3M kit. A few months later I went to sell my Subaru and the headlights were really bad. I had nothing to lose so I tried it.

One step with a rag. Works perfect. I'll never buy a kit to do a headlight job.

Moving on to your acquisition, I'm in the same category as you in that I didn't find a pristine example and have a PPI done. Instead I got a very good deal (not $5k, but I don't feel ripped off either), with plenty of room for me to update and learn. It may be some risk, but someone has to buy those non-pristine cars and get them road worthy. If you're a competent mechanic then an engine full of metal chips is about the only serious buzz kill waiting in the shadows.

Wayne's book is a fantastic way to get acquainted with the unique nature of the boxster. I don't find it intimidating to work on anything outside of the long block - you just have to get used to doing everything from underneath the car (when I first got the 101 projects book I wondered why the first project was how to jack your car up but now I know).

And yes, life above 4,000 rpm is indeed really fun.
flaps10 is offline   Reply With Quote