View Single Post
Old 08-25-2014, 12:36 PM   #4
seningen

Bummer -- there is a release cable behind one of the front tire liners.

Do a google search for it. Someone will have posted instructions.
Might not be the easiest thing to get at, but better
than a wrecking ball.

If you can't get to it without removing your wheel -- and of course the locking lug nut is in your frunk - I have had success with a 24mm deep socket and an appropriate amount of force to pop it on the lug, then remove like any other lug nut.

good luck,

Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkreiner View Post
So, after 6 weeks away on business, etc., I returned to a VERY dead Optima battery in my '02 Boxster.

So dead, that when I connect any power source to the emergency power connector in the fuse block, the horn sounds constantly. After some five minutes, however, it quiets down significantly.

Things I tried: 14 V jump box - fully charged, jumper cables, battery charger, hi amps, low amps, 75 A boost, turning key to unlock, and lock / unlock, turning ignition on. Removing fuses, etc.

After the horn quieted, I left my 2 A battery charger on it for three hours... To no avail. What do I do, any ideas? Without taking a wrecking bar to the hood, I have no idea as to how I can open it to service the battery.

Please let me know what I should do next. --- before having car towed to Dealer$hip.

Thanks in advance...
seningen is offline   Reply With Quote