Thread: Black Wax
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2014, 04:40 PM   #10
Teddyonine
Teddyonine

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jager View Post
What I mean by road rash is the paint damage caused by the sand, stones, and other crap that wind, cars, tractors, and trucks throw or drop in front of us as we are moving down the freeways and highways. Most of these paint destroyers come from vehicles in the other lanes and most of my driving is on freeways or highways with multiple lanes. In fact two weeks ago a pick-up truck in the right lane (I was in the left) tossed-up a rock that put a chip in my windshield. The little nicks and marks in the paint are too deep to buff-out and to me it’s not bad enough for a new paint job... yet. I have over 266,000 miles on the Jägermobile and I’m sure most of you don’t have all the little marks in your paint as I do.

Below is a close-up picture of the area right beside the passenger headlight, another area the Jägermobile has some road rash. The first picture was taken before applying Black Wax, the second picture after applying Black Wax. My experience when using other waxes little white nicks show-up when the wax dries. With Black Wax the little nicks are not noticeable for a couple weeks now.

First time I've used he black wax- really happy withe results . No flecks in the paint or around the drunk, doors etc...

Before:

After:

Teddyonine is offline   Reply With Quote