View Single Post
Old 08-22-2014, 08:10 AM   #34
Perfectlap

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdlmodelt View Post
I've seen some really stupid posting by folks who have been on here as a result of their lack of common sense and mechanical ability. At least this guy is asking good, valid questions.
I think there's a way of raising the issue of aggregate failures vs. anecdotal, or whatever, without calling into question the motivate of an expert on the actual matter at hand.

From where I stand questioning motive seems to show a lack of perspective. Even if failures are 1% (at this stage -- most of this engine fleet are not nearly into high mileage territory since this is not a primary vehicle type car) and you're entire profession is built on this 1% then obviously you're going to see the fatal flawes that are coming down the pike well before us arm chair guys. These engines are performance oriented but they're not race engines. Which means we get all the bad of the cost-cutting internally and inherent durability weakness rolled into one out-of-warranty, specialized labor requiring proposition. Don't fool yourself into a false state of confidence simply because a high % of engines didn't crap out early in their odometers.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW

Last edited by Perfectlap; 08-22-2014 at 08:12 AM.
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote