View Single Post
Old 08-22-2014, 07:39 AM   #19
Chuck W.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxsterSteve View Post
Tony,
I just switched to a spin-on filter using the LN adapter, although it wasn't oil change time. I just pulled the plastic housing and paper filter, installed the adapter and used the oil in the housing to fill the new filter before spinning it on.
Given the finer filtration and the deletion of the bypass mechanism, it really was a no-brainer.
Just did the exact same thing last week. I searched a ton on this site and the web. The people in the know had all the right answers and advise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxsterSteve View Post
Bruce,
FYI, you will need a 26mm socket to torque it down.
This was actually a stumbling block. I have a ton of sockets but I didn't have a 26mm one. Nor did any of the stores around me carry them. I bought one online for $4.50 delivered so it just delayed me a tad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philo beddo View Post
Be careful working under the car guys!!! On Monday August 18 2014 I was gruesomely awakened to how fragile life is after seeing my neighbors 23 year old son crushed to death under the mustang he so dearly loved. Jack stands were used so not clear yet what caused this .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beer View Post
The jackstands with the teeth and lever are prone to breakage.
Sad stuff. I try to learn from others mistakes. I will take this one to heart. I have never heard of teeth one the extensions failing but it makes sense that they could. Thanks you for posting this.

2016 BMW M2, 6 Speed LBB - ED 7/2016
1997 993 Cab - Sold; 1997 993 Turbo - Sold
2001 Boxster S - Original Owner - 30K Miles -SOLD
Chuck W. is offline   Reply With Quote