View Single Post
Old 08-21-2014, 07:45 AM   #5
epapp

Garage
Well, for one it is my DD, so every situation possible is presented to the cooling system.

Many days when it is hot and I am powering up a long hill on the freeway, or going over a mountain pass really pushing it, the temps will rise above 212 (low speed) and require high speed (216) at which point the temp goes down back to 201-204 when the low and high speed fans turn off.

Both low speed fans and high speed fans work, and I've tested all relays to be sure they are actually coming on. The rads have just been cleaned by me at the beginning of summer and the waterpump is new, as well as a newly flushed and burped cooling system (same behavior before cooling system flush, in case anyone thinks burping it is the problem).

I know of a few others who experience the same symptoms, so I am under the impression that it is normal, and thats WHY the high speed fans exist (really pushing it, low speed fans won't cut it).

Interesting though, my highspeed fans never come on in regular traffic no matter how hot, or how long I'm sitting there, unless I'm using AC
epapp is offline   Reply With Quote