View Single Post
Old 08-19-2014, 04:04 PM   #4
Gforrest2

I have an '03 with a CDR 23 and Becker MOST amp. I actually liked the sound of my stereo but the amp crapped out on me. So I ended up replacing everything: $100 JVC head unit, JBL amp and Polk Audio door and dash speakers. Does not sound as good as stock. The only pros are the USB for either my Ipod or S3 and you can adjust the color of the display. I got a perfect match to the orange colored Porsche displays. Here's the tricky part - figuring out which wires go to which speakers when you unplug the harness from the amp. Lots of trial and error, especially to get the polarity right. There are a lot of write ups on the double din installations and I was almost going to do this with one of those cheap Ebay units, but from the reviews, they didn't sound that great and I didn't want to spend $1000 on a Pioneer or Kenwood unit. I tried a sub-woofer in the frunk, but it sounded horrible. Lots of bass and buzzing outside the car, but not to much in the cabin. I may add some rear speakers - that should hep a bit. I can posts so pics if you want.

And yup, that's the amp.

Last edited by Gforrest2; 08-19-2014 at 04:15 PM.
Gforrest2 is offline   Reply With Quote