View Single Post
Old 08-15-2014, 10:13 AM   #12
newob

How to get out of ticket

Back when I was 16 my landscaping boss gave me some sage advice on how to get out of a ticket. He told me he has been pulled over multiple times and very rarely Gets a ticket.
So here we go:
1. When you see those flashing lights, pull over ASAP, but do it where it is safe for an officer to get out. I.e. if there is no shoulder, pull into a parking lot.
2. Turn OFF the car, put keys on the dashboard, or if you really want to, roll down the driver window and put them on the roof. Shows you are not going to decide to run for it.
3. Roll all the windows down, all the way.
4. Turn on every light there is in the car. Overheads, passenger reading lights, everything.
5. Put your hands plainly visible. I like to put my left arm out the window, and my right hand on my head- not awkwardly just like keep them visible.
6. DO NOT HAVE YOUR PAPERWORK READY. Keep it buried in the bottom of the glove box inside an old envelope. As soon as you hand him you paperwork he is going to walk to his car with it and write you a ticket, so while you are "looking" for paperwork is when you talk to them
7. Don't go with the, oh I didn't know I was going that fast, or I didn't know the speed limit unless it is actually true. If you were speeding, admit it. Say it felt safe in your car. (Higher speeds feel safer in a porsche)
8. Be sincere and pleasant and apologize.
9. If you have a clean driving record, tell them! "I have never gotten a ticket before or been the cause of an accident."
10. The last thing you say before handing him you paperwork is "sir if there is anyway I could not get a ticket today, I would really appreciate it, I promise I will slow down."

My old boss said he has gotten pulled over upwards of 30 times and only gotten 2 tickets. He said one time he was going 20 over with hot pizza in the car and told the officer, yes I know I was speeding, I didn't want the pizza to be cold for my wife. Got out of it.

I personally have been pulled over 8 times and have always followed that and never gotten a ticket. One time I was going 19 over, one I was going 17 over.

Last edited by newob; 08-15-2014 at 10:30 AM.
newob is offline   Reply With Quote