View Single Post
Old 08-15-2014, 08:32 AM   #6
BYprodriver

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by crod View Post
I owned one for four years. In Canada as well. It was the first manual Cayenne Porsche sold in Canada after I ordered it at the dealer and of course no one had one in stock. LOL

Overall the car is great and with proper winter tires that thing is unstoppable. Seriously.

Couple things to keep in mind. On the 2003-2007 models there is a known issue with water getting into the coils so you may have to replace them every once in a while. The shaft is another place for issues and the coolant pipes on the V8s break on ALL Cayennes ever made. Easy and one time fix with metal pipes.

Overall it is a great car and I had no regrets getting the V6 with a manual vs the V8 with tiptronic.

I am actually buying another one at the end of the year as my daughter starts driving in March and guess what car she asked for...

CR
All the above plus lots of electrical issues. 2008+ are relatively trouble free so aim for them if you can swing it. There is a reason the 1st gen are "bargin" priced. Don't forget the V-8 cold start bore scoreing!