View Single Post
Old 08-15-2014, 08:12 AM   #1
newob

Angry Suburban crunched my Boxster

Hello all,
I have not been on here in a while so here is a little update.
About 2-3 weeks ago my Boxster got crunched

here are the pics, the story is below

Here are the ones of them fixing it.

Ok so the scoop

I was in a line of cars pulling up to turn left or right onto a T intersection.

2.5 car lengths back from the intersection was some train tracks. Mr suburban was illegally stopped on the tracks (he was almost across on the down hill slide of the little hill the tracks are on, but his tail end/luggage rack were in the RR crossing).
I was legally stopped at the white line before the train crossing.

CHOO CHOO

He floored it backwards when he heard the train coming. He was trying to get out of the way of the crossing guards and the train. (He didn't see me since i was so low to the ground and his tail end was higher due to coming down the other side of the little RR crossing mound.)

Looked like an elephant was going to sit on me. He floored it so hard that i got to the horn about the time he hit me.

THE INSURANCE DILEMMA!!!

So he is a nice guy, we both have insurance, Statefarm (his insurance) accepted the claim, and we get the car taken to advanced collision repair since the Porsche dealer here does not have a auto body shop. They repair the car almost 100%, looks like a great job, but they had to order a couple different headlights. I get a call this morning from the shop (mind you, this is like 3 weeks after the accident, they have been taking their time) and they say:

"Oh yeah, so the car is completely done, they are washing it as we speak, but since the headlight fiasco, it brought the total repair bill to over the threshold for totaling the vehicle." :troll:

So as i am writing this the insurance company is deciding what to do.

I WANT MY DAMN CAR BACK! IT'S MINE! I CAN'T FIND ANOTHER LIKE IT! I JUST HAD $3K WORTH OF IMS BEARING UPGRADES COMPLETED!