View Single Post
Old 08-14-2014, 11:24 AM   #112
Porsche Chick

PL- I don't think the driver killed him deliberately, if that helps any. I think both were playing a stupid game of chicken, and the car won. As it will.

The thing that keeps coming to mind for me is: What part of "don't walk into traffic" did the kid not get? This is a basic concept that 3 year olds are taught.

I've seen a similar thing at my kids' bus stop. There are kids that like to run into the road, mostly to hear their moms scream at them about it. Issue is, the stop is immediately after a blind corner. Then a car comes around the corner and everyone is incensed that the car didn't slow for the kids (which the driver couldn't see 10 seconds ago). No one was hit, but the police were called, speed traps were set up, etc. No one was cited, because the drivers weren't going too fast. And the kids continued to play in the road. This went on for literally years. What part of "keep your kids out of the road" do the mothers not understand?

I think it's tragic, but frankly, if you walk into traffic, you get . . . traffic.