View Single Post
Old 08-11-2014, 06:42 AM   #38
Pdwight

Off topic

I live in extreme North Alabama, the foothills of the appalachia. Nascar has never held any and I mean any allure to me, don't know what it is. I actually volunteered about 6 years ago to work at Talladega to help with Parking, something I will never do again. I did not even stay for the race and I was given free tickets, I actually went to the line and sol my 2 tickets for $30 to simply pay for my gas to go home. This was way under the value of the ticket price so I Reversed Scalped...no law against that. I could not stand the culture that existed around the track, total debauchery and hedonism. I have many friends who feel the same way that also grew up here. I guess I am being a little sensitive to anyone in the south being referred to as "Hillbilly" , I suppose that fits me as my grandfather actually served two terms in a work farm (think cool hand Luke) for making and selling Moonshine in violation of The Volstead Act. Many "Hillbillies, Tar Heels, Rednecks and Yankees gave everything so we would not be speaking German and only driving German right now.

Dwight
Pdwight is offline   Reply With Quote