View Single Post
Old 08-06-2014, 03:47 PM   #9
KevinH1990

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBoxster2000 View Post
Hey All, so I tried the plastic bag method but unfortunately dropped the bolt down anyway. Any Ideas on how to find it?

Please help!!!
I haven't seen any other responses, so I thought I might offer an option. However, I hope someone else has a better idea. Judging from my experience with the hard top installation, I expect that your bolt fell into or under the top mechanism. I suggest that you review these instructions:

https://sites.google.com/site/mikefocke2/removingthetopandframe

They will show you how the top and frame are attached to the car. They may help you root around the top and find the bolt. As a last resort, you could remove the top and frame to clear the search area. I hope that it does not come to that, but it would be an option.

It is really not that difficult to remove it, but you will need someone to help you when you are ready to lift it off the car.

Good luck and I hope someone suggests a less labor-intensive method.
Painted Bumperettes, 2004 (OEM) Top, Homelink integrated in dash with Targa switch, 997 Shifter, Carrera Gauge Cluster with silver gauge faces, heated 12-way driver & 8-way passenger seats, Litronics, silver console
KevinH1990 is online now   Reply With Quote