View Single Post
Old 08-01-2014, 07:26 AM   #21
epapp

Garage
Talked to the PO last night.

I've always thought the car is so strong and smooth for 90k miles so after chatting a bit about what I've done to it and how the car is so far, I asked what he did to it before I got it.

Turns out it had 2 engine replacements because of the dual row IMS failing twice, and that an older grandma used to own it before him........

...........just kidding.

An older lady did own it before him though for the first 60k miles and when he got it, he put lots of money into it for PM, like new oxygen sensors, MAF, german wool glass top ( ) tires, brakes etc. I almost forgot to ask about the spliced MAF wires, then he brought up that he bought a 'chip' (resistor) that splices the MAF wires and gives +65 HP (-20HP and -5MPG). He then mentioned that the shop he always took it to told him "you have the e-throttle, you dont need that resistor trick, it wont work"... :facepalm: ...its a 99.. Its been out of the car since before I owned it so no big deal now.

Interesting though, he was not the PCA member, the grandma before him was! Maybe she is some kind of super grandma.
epapp is offline   Reply With Quote