View Single Post
Old 07-30-2014, 12:15 PM   #9
Perfectlap

My guess would have been gummed up drain plugs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine8Six View Post
Hard to say:

3 years ago I had a flood on the driver side footwell - just under the fuse box. Notting major but enough to give that elegant smell if not dried properly each time/rains. A 2 years long story short, my "indy" removed practically everything, door panel, fuse box and half of what's inside the dash on the driver side to find NO indications of water coming anywhere. Even had to flip up the carpet to have a look at from under there. Completely clueless. He had the car for about two weeks. 7 hours labor cost later, that I had to pay, he never sorted the problem.

After a heavy rain, it got worst so I went to the dealership and asked for help (desperate). The service manager came out from the building, looked at the car in the parking and slightly flip open the seal on the lower part of the windshield, driver side, and removed an old tree/leaf stalk + dirt that was stuck in there creating a nice opening for the water. It must have been pushed there by myself while washing the car.

When asked how much I owe you, he goes "nah we're cool no worries, we've seen it many times. nice car btw". And I was off, never had the water flooding problem ever since.

So you see, hard to say where is the best place to get your Porsche serviced sometime lol
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote