Thread: Custom PSE
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2014, 10:37 AM   #1
818BoxsterS

Custom PSE

I read about the Porsche Sport Exhaust and want to make my own version of it for my 2001 S. I was planning on installing headers with 200 cell sport cats, catless test pipes and the ebay catback. Then, in between the headers and the test pipe I would install this: 2" ELECTRIC EXHAUST CUTOUT VALVE WITH W/ REMOTE CONTROL. Now I am not looking to make this like an exhaust cutout where I can switch between stock and a straight pipe; it will all be in the same pipe. How I think it would work in my head is the same in other cars which have this type if mechanism stock: the more you open the valve the louder it gets and visa versa. A few problems I might face is:
1. The gas coming out of the headers would be too hot and destroy the butterfly valve
2. It is too far up the system and closing the valve even slightly will harm te engine
3. With this in between the pipes, it will push the whole exhaust system forward and that could lead to fitment issues.
4. It might not make any difference at all.

Before I spend my time and money on this I was hoping I could get some feedback from member that are more knowledgable in this field than I am. Thank you.

PS: I was looking to get the PSE switch but I can't find he part number. If you know it please share. Thanks.
818BoxsterS is offline   Reply With Quote