View Single Post
Old 07-29-2014, 10:28 AM   #13
Perfectlap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porsche9 View Post
You either give the existing one a face lift or go with the newer one. Since it's just a car most just go with the new one.
Well the first 70K miles of my Boxster S were hands down the most reliable of any car I'd owned that long. My Miata with lots of modifications was more bullet proof but I didn't rack nearly as many miles on it since it was primarily a weekend autocrosser.

Now once we hit that 70K mile mark it was time to trade in the old lady for the new model or stick with the known quantity. Which obviously meant a very large investment of time at the shop with major maintenance. The rub was that the timing was not the best since it was at the height of the financial crisis. Do I really want to buy another low mileage Porsche when half the people I know are getting s%*t canned? Or do I do these big repairs as they come along? I guess in the end I figured if the car was this reliable in the first 70K miles, well then maybe being proactive about major maintenance items might mean similar for the next 70K... and without losing half my investment to depreciation.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote