Thread: New Member
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2014, 09:37 AM   #3
TeamOxford
Damn Yankee

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan8624 View Post
Hello everybody. I am new here having purchased my first Porsche today, a 2002 Boxster. I have owned a number of cars over the years but never shopped around for a Porsche do I thought to stop in here for some advice. The car has 114k on it, with a new clutch, flywheel, top, IMS, and brakes in the last 20k. Here are a couple simple questions I am hoping you guys can answer:
1. What are the simple, nagging maintenance issues to watch during my ownership? With the exception of the IMS, that has been addressed.
2. The suspension needs to be refreshed after the last 12 years and 114k miles. Is there a simple suspension setup out there with new bushings, a slight drop, and slightly stiffer ride? I don’t want to make this car too aggressive; I do drive it to work after all.
3. I would like to bump up the power slightly, I understand that an intake and chip would net me around 20 hp, how much stress does the chip put on the engine?
4. What are some of the more simple exterior add-ons to make the car look a little more aggressive? Again, I am looking for basic stuff, maybe a subtle lip or rear spoiler.
1. Water pump, AOS, serpentine belt, coolant reservoir, motor mounts, MAFs, spark plug tubes, coil packs.

2. ROW M030 suspension from Suncoast, about $1400, along with the suspension overhaul kit from Pelican, about $2000.

Boxster Euro Suspension Kit (ROW M030):Porsche Parts & Porsche Accessories - Wholesale Porsche Parts & Tequipment
Porsche Boxster (1997-2004) - Suspension, Shocks & Springs - Page 1

3. IMHO, any diversion from the stock intake is not recommended, and I don't trust the performance claims of the chips.

4. I prefer the stock factory look, but I'm sure that several forum members can help you spend your money on body mods.

Just sayin'...........

TO
TeamOxford is offline   Reply With Quote