Thread: Freaking out
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2014, 02:24 PM   #5
JFP in PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by batshapedheart View Post
Update:
I took it to my Indi and they were unable to recreate the sound.
So last night I was driving out and it repeated the sound so I took video of it.
I don't know what made me do it but I tried moving the spoiler and it solved the problem.
As much as I'm glad that it's not the engine or the tranny (phew!) it now raises an additional question: what could be generating this problem with the spoiler?
I've also mentioned in another thread how now I'm also having issues with the battery and oil light coming on, also finding my spoiler up for no reason.
My only hint was this happening to another member as a result of having aftermarket headlight. As I also stated in the other thread I have been running with aftermarket headlight and tailights since October and this issue has started happening for the last 3 weeks.
Here I leave the link to the video:

Weird noise - YouTube

Any input is appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Your car should have a declutching alternator pulley, and when these things crap out, they make a loud ratcheting like sound, and can cause the alternator to slow down, resulting in a system wide voltage drop, which can cause the MIL lights to come on.

Remove the car's serpentine belt and try turning the alternator pulley in both direction's, it should be real obvious if the pulley has gone out.