View Single Post
Old 07-24-2014, 09:50 AM   #3
Brad Roberts

Based on your location.. I'm betting the alarm module is growing green moss inside of it

Pull the drivers seat OUT, it's under the seat. Use a standard short 3/8 drive 3/8 socket (dont buy the torx for this job)

Its a black box held down by one phillips looking twist lock. Without unplugging the black box? pop the cover off of it. It will require a small pocket screw driver to pop the tabs up. The circuit board just sits in the black plastic case. Pull it out of the case (still plugged into the harness) Check it for corrosion!! I use WD40 and an old toothbrush to clean the circuit boards.. or contact cleaner

I see this.. alot.. but only in race cars that have not moved the IMMOB to a less water collecting area.. and I see it in cars from Northern states where it rains a lot...
We have worked with amateur and professional drivers for over 26 years. In house machinist, In house fabrication. Our cars, our parts, our engines, our transmission's run nationwide at events every weekend. We work side by side with industry names developing parts.
Brad Roberts is offline   Reply With Quote