View Single Post
Old 07-22-2014, 01:54 PM   #1
ianacole

New Boxster and a question

Greetings all! I just took delivery of my '97 Boxster (Silver on Black) from Houston. The goal is to have it built into a SpecBoxster by the end of 2015. I've been spending a lot of time perusing the Racing forum here ... a lot of great information there!

I do have one initial problem that I could use some advice on: The driver's seat will recline with the switch, but it will not move the seat back forward, which has led to the seat being in a position that renders the car not drivable. I took the switch apart, and once I pulled the back connector off the seat switch panel the guts just fell out into my hand. It's obvious someone has been in here before and messed with it (one of the two plastic sprung prongs looks homemade).

My question: Is there a way to use the exposed connections within the switch to move the seat back forward? I don't necessarily need to replace it as it's all getting torn out sometime next year anyways, but I need to get it into a drivable position, and then it can just stay there.

Thanks!

Ian
ianacole is offline   Reply With Quote