View Single Post
Old 07-22-2014, 08:37 AM   #6
Pdwight

No Problem

Here is the kit I ordered for the Carpet

Carpet and Fabric Upholstery Dye Kit

I ordered this kit for my seats

http://www.leatherworldtech.com/Default.asp

Both have the Porsche color codes, however that being said...if I were to do it again. I ordered the carpet kit (about 30 bucks) first, a few days later I ordered the seat restoration kit (about 90 bucks complete) The guy at Leather World was so much more knowledgeable about his product, he told me that if I wanted to re-dye my carpet I could use the leather dye and dilute it with 10% water and spray and then brush in the carpet. I had already ordered the carpet kit so I am using it...but if I wanted my seats to match my carpet perfectly I would use the Kit from Leather World and order additional Dye. The Kit from Leather World also came in in a few days and included a sprayer powered by canned propellent and good instructions. If you are going to do this clean , clean and clean the carpet and let it dry completely before you start, tape off areas you do not want to dye. Cleanup is with alcohol but do it fast do not let it dry. I will post more as I go, I plan on taking the seats to dye the interior and while I am at it I will renew my leather seats as well. There is a thread on the DIY section by someone else who did this with the same seat kit (that is where I found the product) If I get results half as good as his I will be very happy.

Dwight
Pdwight is offline   Reply With Quote