View Single Post
Old 07-22-2014, 04:15 AM   #10
Giller

Quote:
Originally Posted by pony13ca View Post
Hi All,
Feels like I have been hunting for a Boxster forever, and have come across this one. It's a 98, with 135000 kilos on the clock. Pretty clean car, brand new tires and plastic window. Third owner car, and he only has the service records for the period of his ownership. Upgraded Audio system with Bluetooth, and the car drives really well!
He wants $11K for it certified and etested. He won't come down below that. My concern is that the IMS, and clutch have not been touched in the car, so I'm looking at $3k almost the moment I sign the papers!!
Would you?

3K right off the top? First - get a PPI! Trust me - I wish I had and I'm paying for it right now. As well, as someone stated earlier, the IMS only hit about 5% so why would you change it out? Get a magnetic oil plug and check it and the filter now and then. The IMS will self-diagnose itself with those metal shavings. As for price, I just bought an 02 for under 12K with 140,000kms on it - so I think your 11 for a 98 is a bit high still? I bought mine in southern Ontario.
Giller is offline   Reply With Quote