View Single Post
Old 07-20-2014, 08:08 AM   #14
JFP in PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pdwight View Post
I guess what I asking is where would I find the option code in the DME ?

I Looked with my durametric (enthusiast version) yesterday for almost an hour and could not find anything like that. Is this a coding option is what I am asking ? , I plan on making a trip to get the use of a PST2 next week and I want to gather all the data I can before I make the 4 hour round trip. As for being wires correctly yes it is, I checked and double checked as well yesterday. I even went as far as using a logic probe to visually ensure the TTL circuitry used in the instruments is getting the pulse and changing states from low to high as the stalk is being used.

I just want to know if someone else has enabled the "Option Code" on theirs using durametric and where you found it.

Thanks
Dwight

You should find Activations under the Instrument Cluster list on the left of the screen. Unless I am recalling incorrectly, you should be able to activate the OBC there. Make sure you put a check mark right box in the Instrument Cluster section in the second opening screen.

On a PST II:

1) Do a Control Module Search from the Vehicle Type screen.
2) Go to DME control unit.
3) Go to Vehicle Data.
4) Scroll down to Order Type. If the Order Type is shown, go to step 9, if it is a line of dashes, got to step 5.
5) Press the F7 key to edit.
6) Enter the 6-digit Order Code. (986310 for 2.5/2.7 - 986320 for 3.2).
7) Press F7 to confirm.
8) Go back to the Vehicle Type screen and do a full Control Module Search. (Essential).
9) Go to Instrument Cluster>Coding and select "with On-board Computer".
10) Press the F8 key to save.

Last edited by JFP in PA; 07-20-2014 at 08:20 AM.
JFP in PA is offline   Reply With Quote