View Single Post
Old 07-19-2014, 02:51 PM   #2
JFP in PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by pparkc2020 View Post
I have a 2008 Boxster. My CEL came on yesterday and is on steadily not blinking. So I took it to autozone and using the OBD2 scanner the code P2188 came up. I've been trying to google and look up in forums with no clear answer. I think it may be the MAF sensor but I'm not positive.
I had replaced my air filter a few days ago with a MANN filter from amazon. perfect fit and no problems installing it. Could I have done something during the install? Would a non OEM filter trigger any problems? I'm thinking of trying to clean the MAF sensor first with a MAF cleaner. If that doesn't work should I try replacing the MAF? Or am I completely off and the problem is with an O2 sensor or something else. Any help or thoughts would be appreciated.
THanks.
P2188 Lambda control adaptation FRAU (lower load range) - below limit value Possible fault causes: - Incorrect main filling signal from hot-film mass air flow meter - Fuel pressure too high - Injection valve faulty (dripping) - Tank vent faulty (does not close completely)