View Single Post
Old 07-19-2014, 08:27 AM   #15
The Radium King

i think thats a good discussion but perhaps not for this thread. for this thread i presume the requirements would be defined by whatever sanctioning body he is driving with (ie, is fia Required?).

otherwise yeah, why do harnesses time-x but seatbelts do not? should we be replacing seatbelts as they wear or are they made to a higher standard than harnesses? if so, why are harnesses made to such a low standard that they don't last? OR, does fia have higher standards for race cars than road car safety standards? ditto seats. i would suggest that fia standards are higher, but also acknowledge that race buckets are designed to work in combination with harnesses in a track environment to protect against certain types of impacts, whereas road car systems are designed differently. gt3 seats are engineered to work in both worlds and perhaps constructed to a higher standard as a result. that statement, however, doesn't negate the fact that a used gt3 seat is most likely fia-expired regardless and perhaps not as safe in a harness and track environment as a current fia approved seat.

if you like i can cut/paste this to a new thread to continue the dialog?
The Radium King is offline   Reply With Quote