View Single Post
Old 07-16-2014, 07:04 AM   #1
epapp

Garage
durametric weird values

Last night and this morning I was fiddling with a durametric (thanks shehardy) and the cam deviation was the main value I was after.

First, when I plugged the durametric in, it didnt auto-discover my type of car/ecu type so I put it all in manually, 1999 5.* engine control software...this is the first weird thing

Then, we started playing with the ability to turn stuff on and off ('Activations'). Some worked, like all of the cluster related things, but none worked for the engine activation...second weird thing.

Then I started looking at 'Actual Values' of the engine stuff, and most seemed to be fine, EXCEPT for cam deviation. (The cam deviation actual value checkbox to enable them are labeled 'Camshaft position 1 deviation' and 'camshaft position 2 deviation (USA models only) ...which seemed weird). What is 'position 1'?? Bank 1??

Now the value COULD be fine, but it seemed awefully suspicious that both were at -3.0 exactly, when the car was hot. So I let it cool and this morning I looked again at cold start up, and -3.0 exactly again.

Is -3.0 some default number if the durametric can't get real data, or is it probably true that, even though other activations don't work, the cam reading is real?
epapp is offline   Reply With Quote