View Single Post
Old 07-15-2014, 11:31 AM   #1
Xcellr8

FS: Z Deckel Aerokit rear spoiler with boot lid

Okay, this is embarrassing, just discovered one of the Boxsters I've been working on has a rather special piece of aftermarket equipment. While investigating why the rear spoiler warning light is on, I've discovered (which was as obvious as the nose on one's face) that this 986 Boxster has the Porsche Tequipment areo kit rear spoiler and boot lid, part number 98651299100.

Of course I knew it had a spoiler, and I could see that the trunk lid was different in that it covered up the third brake light mounted just behind the convertible top cover, but the paint on this car is poor, so I thought all of it was nothing special, just an attempt to customize a car that went downhill because the paint wasn't right.

So, I'm offering it for sale. The kit includes:
1.) the spoiler with lights that have a few burnt out,
2.) trunk lid, complete with wiring to the light on the spoiler, and the wiring that goes to the power source.
3.) the cover for the third brake light that is removed,
4.) and the cover for the space that is left when the factory moveable spoiler is removed.

As noted, the paint is not good. It will need to be repainted.

I can only find one on eBay that is listed at $938 in the UK. I'd take a lot less. More like $500 plus shipping ( the lid is heavy - did you know it was fiberglass? - I didn't.) Check out the photos and let me know if you are interested.

Thanks for looking, Joe

Xcellr8 is offline   Reply With Quote