View Single Post
Old 07-15-2014, 08:58 AM   #11
Perfectlap

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGJake111 View Post
Complete difference from eating to loose weight and eating healthy, would strongly recommend against Nutrisystem. Just shop at trader joes, keep all the meat white and all the potatoes sweet!
I'm not going to defend it even though I suggested it But Nutrisystem have figured out something that the typical person hasn't. I analyzed the macro nutrient profile meal by meal, (Excel charts and all) after my mother decided to give it a shot and it seemed to be working. I was suspicious. As it turns out they do 3 things that the typical person doesn't even consider: (1)they ensure that each day you have a minumum amount of protein each day. They sneak protein into all of their carbs and sauces by adding whey or soy protein powder. Very clever. (2) They limit sugars to less than 20-30 grams per day. This where the average person drops the ball as soon as they drink skim milk, fruit juice and cola in the same day and (3) they put a hard cap on calories as well as carbohydrates for each day, which you don't notice since you're eating a fair amount of protein.
At the end the first few months my mother lost 20 pounds but instead of continuing to buy more of these processed meals I applied their macro nutrient forumula to a meal plan of real food. It worked so well that her doctor simply said "whatever you are doing keep doing, your numbers are excellent". They take no medicine for cholesterol or high blood pressure and are both over 70.

p.s.
Most of the food at Trader Joe's, like all packaged foods, is processed with refined flours, refined sugars and very little of the animal protein is signinficantly different than what you'll find at most supermarkets. Even the USDA "organic" label is a lot less wholesome than people realize. For instance, fruit may be marked organic because it was not handled with pesticides but it was however grown in soil that was treated to these chemicals for decades before it became an organic grower. Also, a fruit a vegetable can be called 'USDA Organic" but still contain anyone of 200 non-natural substances. Trader Joes, Whole Foods, etc. have made a killing getting people to think that their food is worth paying significantly more for because its somehow 'natural' and safe.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW

Last edited by Perfectlap; 07-15-2014 at 09:08 AM.
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote