View Single Post
Old 07-14-2014, 03:00 PM   #1
kjc2050

Garage
Feeling paranoid about an upcoming 1,400 mile drive

Long story short, in another several weeks I'll be driving my 2000 S from south central Nebraska to Raleigh, NC.

I bought this car about a year and a half ago, and it currently has 27.5K miles on the odo. It's never so much as hiccuped while I've owned it. Since purchasing it, I've replaced all the filters (oil and filter 3x), serpentine belt, plugs, plug tubes, water pump, thermostat, coolant (Porsche), convertible top tension cables & push rod ball sockets, brake fluid (ATE Super Blue), fuel cap, coolant expansion tank cap, gearbox oil, wiper blades, and fuel filter. The cam deviation is within spec. I also removed the front bumper cover and cleaned the radiators. Also, I installed an IMS Guardian. The car runs great, and has no leaks whatsoever.

The thing is... the longest drive I've taken it on was 5 hours, and I feel a little uneasy about driving it 1,400 miles including over the mountains. I suppose it's lingering uneasiness over the IMS bearing. I know, I know. Man up and just drive the thing. It'll be fine...

...won't it????