Thread: Heartbroken
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2014, 01:06 PM   #18
keysguy

My wife told me to post everything that is going on on this board because of all the people that may have been through this before and I would get some good advise. Sadly she was right. (sad because she was right and I have to admit it to her and sad because of damaged Porsche's) unfortunatly it looks like I'm going to put the battery maintainer on the car and sit ans wait for the long fight. Thanks thstone for the
Quote:
Everytime that the other drivers insurance company told me about some "policy" (like what they are telling you about only paying towing to the nearest repair shop), I would immediately inform them in writing that their "policy" was non-binding because I never agreed to those terms (since it is the other person's insurance).
This is almost the exact argument I was having with them.

Next issue is how do I honestly figure out the diminished value? KBB has the car a couple of $K under what I consider it at, and dropping from excelent to fair only drops the price $1000 So how much does a fender bender with $2k or so damage lower the value?

Keysguy

PS again I know my damages are very minor compared to some of the threads I've scene over the years but, I've taken so much pride, joy and spent extra $$ in maintaining the integrity and pedigree of this car it is just killing me at the thought of not putting OEM parts back into it. I was never like this with any of the other Porsche's I've had, I think mainly because when I got them they were already used and abused, this one was not.
keysguy is offline   Reply With Quote