View Single Post
Old 07-14-2014, 12:30 PM   #24
BYprodriver

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rp17 View Post
I'm sure all of us Boxster owners feel this. Reason we bought this car so I agree. I just get caught up on how much trouble it is to get some serious HP out of the M96, then you hear about about this Hellcat. I don't want 707 but I would take half in the Box for a REASONABLE price. :ah:

Just hate the HP game Porshe plays with us that's all. For example, I hate what GM for example, does with there cars. Back in the day, the best technology would never make it to Chevy or Pontiac for example. It would go to the Cadillac even if it was a Chevy engineer that came up with it. But I guess I can understand. :ah:
Not sure what "days" you are referring to. In 1954 "ish" a Pontiac engineer invented the individual stud mounted rocker arm with ball pivot. This increased valvetrain rpm limitations. I believe Chevy used them on their engines in 1955-present. About 1964 Malcom McKeller designed the Pontiac exclusive, overhead cam straight six engine as directed by John Delorean who wanted a economical engine with good power for their new economy car, the Tempest.

The only example I can think of is the Cadillac Northstar engine 4.6L 300HP 1994? Oldsmobile was allowed to use the engine for it's new Aurora a few years later but was limited to 4.0L & 250 HP. In 1997 Olds had a contract with Shelby American to build the Shelby Series 1 to be sold in Oldsmobile dealer showrooms. (Not your Fathers Oldsmobile) We had to use the 4.0 version engine. Power could be increased but C.I.D was limited to 4.0L. Custom cams, exhaust headers & PCM by Delco raised power to 327HP. We could use just about any GM suspension parts except for the recently introduced C5 Corvette.