Thread: Heartbroken
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2014, 08:58 AM   #13
keysguy

Thanks all for the advise. I was hoping to keep lawyers out of it but it's already turning ugly. My insurance company recommended that I file the claim directly with the other ones to avoid any out of pocket expenses. (detectable and such) The other insurance company just told me they have no adjuster in my area (Florida Keys) and i needed to e-mail them pictures to get the process started. Easy enough then I could take the car to any shop I choose to have the work done and if the work was more they would pay than the estimate from the pictures they woudl pay for it. The problem is I an 3 hours away form the nearest Porsche dealer, so I told them that was fine with me please arrange to have it towed to the Porsche dealer in Miami. They will only tow it to the "closest" repair shop, but I can have the work done anywhere I want I just need to pay for the towing there. I could drive it up but that means at least two days off One up and one back plus the rental car. Not sure what to do from this point.... I was already wondering about the diminished value because now the car has a carfax history, never was able to get to that point
keysguy is offline   Reply With Quote