View Single Post
Old 07-13-2014, 11:20 AM   #89
drbodzin
San Diego Boxster

Garage
Hi All,

Been a while since I posted. Been super busy in other areas of life. Anyhow, I want to update you all on the project.

The SC install was completed some time ago and its now been about 1,500 miles of driving since. There is a definite increase in performance, as expected. I would guess (by the seat of my pants) that the gain was 35-40 HP. MPG has not noticeably changed.

I tuned the Air Fuel using the Apex AFR Neo computer and wide band O2 Sensors. I thought the timing would be an issue, but it has been just fine. Although I am not sure I am getting the full boost out of the system as I have not replaced the intake pipe per the suggesting made. I plan on doing that when time permits. The boost gauge shows vacuum throughout most of the RPM, unless I really get on her the vacuum goes into a boost range.

Overall, I've been very happy with the end result. She runs about 10 -15 degrees cooler since I added the third radiator and insulated the exhaust system.

She also sounds ridiculously awesome! The Fab Speed 200 cell cats were well worth the investment. So the entire air flow is not unrestricted.

I have not taken her for a dyno. May do that some time when time permits.

1998 Black Boxster (owned since 2001)
drbodzin is offline   Reply With Quote