View Single Post
Old 07-12-2014, 05:56 AM   #9
Paul Ri-Chard

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfuerst911sc View Post
The AC system is a stand alone system that has to have matched components to work properly. The engine only drives the compressor. If you want to stay Porsche power I would go with a 3.0 or 3.2 911 air cooled motor. I built a GT clone with a 3.0 the car was fun .
Thanks, I am still weighing my options. I get my garage lift installed in September then I'm ready to begin. I know quite a few people, esp from 914 World have done similar conversions. Do you have a recommendation for book/guide/manual reference ? Certainly the All Porsche Power appeals to me.
Couple questions about your conversion: What mods did you do for the shift linkage ? The difference shifting my 914 and Boxster is well... like the difference between the moon and sun. That was one of the considerations. I know there are shift kits but a bit expensive. Did you add AC to your ride and how much did it cost? I see stand alone systems easily costing >$1500 in parts alone. Trying to be smart about the economics too... "financial planning" along with the design planning.