View Single Post
Old 07-11-2014, 09:44 PM   #9
Paul Ri-Chard

[QUOTE=dghii;409639]

2. The b pillar switch goes just in front of the defroster connector. There should be a 8mm bolt that tightens the switch assembly to the frame. I'll try to get a pic.
DO NOT OPERATE TOP WITHOUT THE B-PILLAR SWITCH IN POSITION as you can over rotate your transmissions and get things all out of whack (ask me how I know). Your top will not know it is up without a signal from the B pillar.
QUOTE]

I hope I didn't screw things up too bad. I have been operating the clamshell only... kind of a semi-automatic mode...by pushing the dash button and holding the microswitch down manually near the end of the close cycle (front pushrods are not connected yet). I initially synched the transmissions, but a couple of times I heard a pop from one of the transmissions when I let the motor run a little too long. I'm assuming the cable simply popped or skipped over the plastic gear, and that I didn't break the gear itself. I will disassemble and inspect and resynch the transmissions and hopefully figure out how the microswitch gets mounted and try it again.