View Single Post
Old 07-11-2014, 08:14 AM   #2
BruceH

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Ri-Chard View Post
I had a Robbins glass top installed my '98, but am not convinced that the install was done properly. I connected the clamshell lid but did not yet connect the pushrods, so the top is in 'semi-manual' mode
My observations:
#1. The top seems too tight, it rattles against the windshield frame with the least amount of road chatter
#2. The switch on the B -pillar was disconnected. Where does it go?- photo
#3. Same for a little rectangular plastic piece - photo
#4. Is the rear seal is installed properly or upside down? - photo
#5. The new helper straps seem worthless and the guide fails to thread itself back into the channel
I need validation from our members before returning to the installer.

1. It will be very tight for some time. Leave it up and latched when ever you are not driving. I read somewhere parking in the sun will help loosen it up. A year and a half after my install, my top is still tighter than the original.
2. Not sure what that is, I don't see it on mine.
3. The rectangular piece is the cover to where the defrost now plugs into. Mine is still in its hole, flipped up. You can pop it back into the hole in picture #3.
4. The seal looks correct. The actual seal is just a bit different from mine(I ave a ATD top) but looks correct.
5. Not sure

Hope that helps, sorry I can't help with all of your questions. The top will be very tight for awhile until it stretches out.
iPad Mini Dash Install
DEPO Tail Lights
BruceH is offline   Reply With Quote