View Single Post
Old 07-11-2014, 12:29 AM   #11
amitmishra4

Quote:
Originally Posted by edc View Post
I'm trying to get my head round why you measured the wheel when the information is stamped on the sidewall of the tyre?
Edc,
Just me being over paranoid. I've ordered things in haste before and realized I should have done some basic due dilligence to understand and measure parts before placing an order. I realize now it is probably not possible (theoretically) to install a tire of a different diameter on the wheel. I had bought a used Suzuki Esteem when I was in school for $1000 and I can't remember the specifics now but the previous owner had mounted a mismatched tire on one of the rears that wasn't meant for the rim and though the tire was good, I had to replace it. Only added to my paranoia this time around.

Thanks Paul, rdass623, thstone for your advice,
For reference, I ended up purchasing a set of Cooper Zeon RS3-a's from discount tire. Cost under $400 with new valve stems included and there was a $140 rebate on them too. As far as brake pads/rotors, after a lot of debate, I ended up biting the bullet on a brake motive set of cross drilled and slotted rotors and ceramic pads all aroundfor $211 shipped. Read a lot about them on many forums and the general consensus was good. There are several boxster owners using them as well. Brake warehouse had a good deal on a set of Centric C-Tek blank rotors and ceramic pads for $263 shipped home as well. Plan to do the rotor and brake install myself but I will end up taking the tires to a shop to get professionally mounted, balanced and get a laser wheel alignment too.

Do people on here do their own tire changes on their cars?
amitmishra4 is offline   Reply With Quote