Thread: ruf
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2014, 07:20 AM   #16
Qmulus
inveniam viam aut faciam

I have a bit of a different outlook on this stuff. I have my own small business, and would personally LOVE it if I could get people to pay me for stickers, badges, whatever that actually advertise my products and/or services. You don't have to pay for the marketing; people pay you! Awesome!

FWIW, I have had my company's logo on a bunch of the racecars that I have helped build over the years (NASA, SCCA Pro Touring and GT cars, Pikes Peaks cars, etc.) I am grateful to the teams who have put on the decals I gave them for the advertising it provides. Maybe someday people will pay me for them. Hmmm, I better make a cool new logo for my company.

So, personally I do not pay to advertise other companies products. If the product is good, and happens to have a logo, fine, but I wouldn't put a Ruf logo on the hood of my Boxster unless they gave me a discount on their performance parts to do so (or some such compensation) and I sure as heck wouldn't advertise it as a "Ruf Boxster" if I had a bunch of their parts on it.

Just my warped view. YMMV.