Thread: Boxster V8
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2014, 10:58 AM   #4
Dlirium

Garage
Great! Always looking for a viable alternative for when my 3.2 eventually goes...a few questions and comments tho..

1) Who is "we"? is this something you've done before with other platforms?

2) Agreed with Deserion - why not go with the cheaper, smaller, lighter LS-x platform? there is even an e-ROD smog compliant version you might be able to work in for those of us in the US that require it

3) I think you should target the S models, they have the 6 speed tranny that can actually accommodate the HP increases we'd like to see. 350 hp is a little light if one is going through all the trouble of a V8 swap anyway. Might as well get the HP as well - especially if these are going to be dedicated track cars.

4) Price point will be very important to differentiate from others in this space. With a lower HP and less "accessible" (Audi vs Chevy) option, I'd be very interested in the "bang for buck" alternative you are proposing.

Looking forward to updates! I have been seriously considering this change for quite some time and would love to see another option!! Please post updates frequently...
Dlirium is offline   Reply With Quote