View Single Post
Old 07-06-2014, 12:17 PM   #20
3RotorRx7

The car is currently at 2148lbs with only one radiator. (2116 lb goal for FP formula) It now has a 2003-2004 2.7 motor with the larger cooling pipes which added some weight. I also added fiberglass flared front fenders (heavy) and rear fender flares that added some weight, custom solid 28-spline heavier axles, as well as added bars on the roll cage that went forward to the front strut towers. The car has 16x11 front and 16x12 rear wheels with the new Hoosier R75A radial slick that are not very light. (Grant ran 16x10 on light bias Avon). And yes, Beth, my wife, won L1 Pro Solo Championship with it in 2012. I messed up the car last year with custom cams that made 20 less hp at Nationals with late year attempt at improvement. After figuring out the problem with slipped cam timing reluctor wheels and a custom tune, the car now makes 25 more hp, so hoping to add a few more championships going forward.
Btw, Brad, I'm interested in that light fuel cell idea. Do you have one built up?

Thanks,
Erik Strelnieks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Roberts View Post
No build thread The car now resides in Austin TX and ran SCCA AutoX at Nationals multiple times. I believe the female driver won a National Championship at Lincoln in it a year after it was sold.

Steel doors

It had another 50lbs I could have pulled out for a true AutoX car (small fuel cell)

How serious was it? One radiator in the right front. The current owner put it back (they were running 3 drivers in it)

Last edited by 3RotorRx7; 07-09-2014 at 07:32 AM.
3RotorRx7 is offline   Reply With Quote